• Video
  • Subject Information
  • Learning Journey
Examination Board: AQA Textiles
The course consists of 2 units; the Coursework unit and the Externally Assessed Assignment. During the GCSE course students complete a range of projects based on a variety of themes, which make up 60% of the final GCSE grade. At the end of the course, students complete an externally set task which comprises the remaining 40%. This involves students selecting a question from an examination paper and then producing their own personal response to the theme.

Portfolio 60%
Students will complete a portfolio of work, that will include one full project evidencing the journey from initial engagement to the production of a final piece. They will also complete a selection of smaller projects as part of the portfolio that will make up the ‘coursework’ element of the qualification.

Externally Set Assignment 40%
The externally set assignment will be carried out in the spring term of Year 11. Students will research and design their own project during the preparatory period and then produce a final piece in 10 hours based on a statement issued by the examining board.

AQA | Art and Design | Subject content | Textile design

Mr S Taylor | Subject Leader – Creative Industries | taylors@prentonhighschool.co.uk