Apply for Free School Meals
Students can choose between bringing their own packed lunches or using the facilities of our modern Dining Hall. With the cashless card system, students can keep accounts ‘topped-up’ using our on-line payment system, ParentMail or by using cash at one of our machines in school. Accounts are accessed using a biometric system.
Menus are changed weekly with a new series of menus on a three-weekly cycle and a daily vegetarian and halal options are also available. Our catering team will provide for a range of different dietary requirements including gluten-free and halal.
The full ‘Meal-Deal’ costs £3.26 each day.
Should parents and carers wish to know what their child has bought recently, Catering Manager, Mrs Jane Davies, is happy to supply a detailed list or alternatively, this can be viewed using our on-line payment system under the ‘School dinners’ option.
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit