In 2011 the Government announced the introduction of Pupil Premium funding to support policies directed at disadvantaged pupils. This additional funding is provided to:
- Raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap with their peers.
- Support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces.
For the academic year 2022-23 the grants received per pupil are as follows:
|Pupil eligibility criteria||Amount of funding for each secondary-aged pupil per year||Funding is paid to|
|Pupils who are eligible for free school meals, or have been eligible in the past 6 years||£985||School|
|Pupils who have been adopted from care or have left care||£2,410||School|
|Children who are looked after by the local authority||£2,410||Local Authority|
At Prenton High School for Girls we aim to raise the attainment, progress and aspirations of disadvantaged students by providing:
- High quality personalised teaching and learning that meets the needs of all students, including Pupil Premium students
- Personalised intervention for students who need additional support in identified areas
- A wide range of enrichment opportunities that enable Pupil Premium students to take part in different activities they may not have had the chance to experience before.